Summer is right around the corner, and things are heating up in the Capitol Riverfront Neighborhood! The neighborhood will be bustling even more than usual with a variety of events taking place on a daily basis. Residents can enjoy everything from free concerts in Yards Park and movie nights in Canal Park to Sunday Farmer’s Markets and Daily fitness classes. The best part? A majority of these events are free! Get ready for a summer full of fun here in the Capitol Riverfront.
Unless noted otherwise, these events are free.
FRESHFARM Farmer’s Market at Canal Park
Shop local from a variety of vendors at the Canal Park Farmers Market. The Farmers Market will occur every Sunday from 9:00 AM through 1:00 PM. Organic and conventional fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, eggs, smoothies, baked goods, fresh flowers, and locally roasted coffee are just a handful of items you will find at the Market.
- Every Sunday | 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- May 6th – September 30th
Up Top Acres Monday Evening Yoga
Enjoy an hour-long yoga class led by CorePower Yoga Instructors on the rooftop of Up Top Acres. Classes are every Monday from 6:00 – 7:00 PM and open to all levels. Tickets for each class are $15.
- Every Monday | 6:00 – 7:00 PM
- May 14th – September 24th
Experience the hottest food trucks in the DC area at Truckeroo, a monthly food truck festival at The Bullpen. Enjoy delicious eats from over 15 food trucks, ice cold drinks, live entertainment, and more.
- Friday, May 11th | 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Friday, June 15th | 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Friday, July 13th | 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Friday, August 10th | 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Friday, September 14th | 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Friday Night Concert Series
Head to Yards Park every Friday from May 25th through August 31st for the 8th Annual Friday Night Concert Series! Concerts will be held on the Yards Park Boardwalk from 7:00 – 9:00 PM. Pack a picnic or enjoy a variety of food and beverage options that will be available for purchase onsite.
- May 25th | Pebble to Pearl
- June 1st | Burnt Sienna
- June 8th | Marvillous Beats (Jazz Fest Artist)
- June 15th | Black Masala
- June 22nd | Shane Gamble Band
- June 29th | Jah Works
- July 6th | Jimi Smooth & Hittime
- July 13th | 19th Street Band
- July 20th | Jeff From Accounting
- July 27th | Trailer Grass Orchestra
- August 3rd | Practically Einstein
- August 10th | Party Like It’s
- August 17th | La Unica
- August 24th | United States Navy Band Country Current
- August 31st | Rain Date
Outdoor Fitness Series
Enjoy a variety of fitness classes every day of the week, May 28th through September 2nd. Classes are for all fitness interests and levels.
- Monday | 7:00 PM | Yards Park | Yoga with VIDA Fitness
- Tuesday | 5:30 AM | Yards Park | Social Run with Pacers Running
- Tuesday | 7:00 PM | Canal Park | Conditioning with Orange Theory
- Wednesday | 7:00 PM | Canal Park | Barre with Barre3
- Thursday | 5:30 AM | Yards Park | Social Run with Pacers Running
- Thursday | 5:30 PM | Yards Park | Freedom Barre with Freedom Group Exercise
- Friday | 7:30 AM | Canal Park | Strength Training with Npowered Fitness
- Saturday | 9:00 AM | Canal Park | HIIT with VIDA Fitness
- Sunday | 9:00 AM | Yards Park | Yoga with Mimi Rieger Trainers
Year of the Anacostia River Trash Clean Up
In recognition of the Year of the Anacostia, Capital SUP will be hosting a bi-weekly trash-cleanup on the River. Clean up can be done on either a stand-up paddleboard or kayak. Registration is $10.
- Tuesday, May 29th | 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 12th | 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 26th | 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, July 10th | 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, July 24th | 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 7th | 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 21st | 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 4th | 5:30 – 7:00 PM
Kids in Canal
Starting June 6th, head to Canal Park every Wednesday from 10:30 to 11:30 AM for the Canal Park kid-friendly summer entertainment series. Entertain your little ones with a variety of shows, including magic shows, kids music, science demonstrations, and puppet shows.
- June 6th | The Great Zucchini
- June 13th | Rainbow Rock Band
- June 20th | Carousel Puppets
- June 27th | Mad Science
- July 11th | The Great Zucchini
- July 18th | Rocknoceros
- July 25th | Carousel Puppets
- August 1st | Mad Science
- August 8th | Zig Zag the Magician
- August 15th | Rainbow Rock Band
- August 22nd | Carousel Puppets
- August 29th | Mad Science
Thursday Night Outdoor Movie Series
Pack up a picnic and make your way to Canal Park for the Outdoor Movie Series. Every Thursday from June 7th through August 23rd, a movie will begin at sundown for all of the neighborhood to enjoy. Movie-goers are welcome to arrive as early as 7:00 PM.
- June 7th | Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- June 14th | Raiders of the Lost Ark
- June 21st | Despicable Me
- June 28th | Easy A
- July 5th | National Treasure
- July 12th | A League of Their Own
- July 19th | The Greatest Showman
- July 26th | Coco
- August 2nd | Black Panther
- August 9th | Wonder Woman
- August 16th | Lion King – Bard in the Park Feature
- August 23rd | Kiss Me Kate – Bard in the Park Feature
Other Notable Events
Ticket prices for the below events vary – see more info.