Bike to Work Day in DC is just around the corner- this Friday, May 15! Register now, completely free to join thousands of DC Metro area commuters who are recognizing bicycling as an everyday form of transportation by heading to work on two wheels! There will be 80 pit stops throughout the Metro area and if you’re headed to Southeast, stop by Canal Park for a quick break and a chance to win some awesome prizes. Oh, and don’t forget your helmets- safety first!
Check out some information about biking on Capitol Riverfront:
- Last year in 2014, a record breaking 16,800+ people registered for Bike to Work Day
- The Canal Park pit stop is from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. located between 2nd St & 2nd Place SE on M Street
- Visit any Capital Bikeshare station and for just $5 a day, enjoy access to bikes throughout DC and Arlington
- There are three Capital Bikeshare dock stations in the Capitol Riverfront:
-M St., SE and New Jersey Ave., SE (at US Department of Transportation)
-First St., SE and N St., SE. (at Nationals Ballpark)
-First St., SE and K St., SE (at Justin’s Cafe)
- Bicycles are permitted on Metrorail (limited to two bicycles per car) weekdays except 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.