Top Rooftop Grilling Recipes
Springtime is here! And we can already smell the delicious food coming from the Collective rooftop grills! As the weather breaks and the warm breeze begins to rush into the air, we know our residents won’t have to look too hard for an excuse to enjoy some incredible DC views, fantastic company, and a savory barbecue during the weekends. While you might have some easy BBQ recipes go-to options you’ve been using for years; there’s nothing wrong with incorporating some new grilling recipes into your arsenal.
With The Garrett opening, residents have access to a total of 8 grilling stations between all three buildings; why not couple it with a variety of new recipes to jumpstart the start of the warm season!
Below are some of our favorite easy-to-make grilling recipes you should try for the spring season!
Decide which one looks the most delicious, and show how you’re enjoying your grilled meal this Spring.
4 large Idaho or russet potatoes, cut into wedges
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. freshly chopped herbs (such as parsley)
- Bring a well-salted pot of water to a boil, then add potatoes and cook until al dente, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Heat grill to medium-high and oil grates. In a large bowl, mix garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then stir in olive oil. Add potatoes and toss gently to coat. Remove potatoes from oil and reserve excess oil in a bowl.
- Grill potatoes, flipping once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add herbs to reserved oil mixture, then return potatoes to the mixture and toss again.
Grilled Corn On The Cob
4 ears corn, shucked
Butter, for serving
1. Preheat grill to high and heat for 10 minutes. (Alternatively, preheat grill pan to high.) Add corn and cook, turning often, until charred all over, about 10 minutes.
2. Spread butter over warm corn and season with salt.
Jalapeño Popper Burgers
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
2 jalapeños, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 Angus ground beef
4 burger buns
1. Make the filling: In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, and jalapeños. Season with salt and pepper, then fold in cooked bacon.
2. Form ground beef into 8 large, thin rounds (about ¼”). Spoon about ¼ cup of filling mixture onto one patty, then place a second patty on top. Pinch edges to seal burger and re-shape into a disc if necessary. Repeat with remaining patties and filling mixture.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high. Season burgers on both sides with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Place on grill and cook until cooked through to your liking, about 6 minutes per side for medium.
4. Sandwich with burger buns and serve immediately.
Grilled Pineapple Sundaes
4 pineapple slices
4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
Dulce de leche, for drizzling
2 tbsp. sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Heat grill to high. Grill pineapple until charred, 1 minute per side.
- Top each pineapple slice with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with dulce de leche or caramel.
- Top with shredded coconut and serve immediately.