Whole Foods South Capitol Hill Grand Opening
The moment we have all been waiting for: Whole Foods has announced their official opening date. Doors will open at 9 AM on Thursday, October 18th. The new Whole Foods South Capitol Hill location, located at 101 H Street SE, will be a 35,000 square foot store equipped with the usual Whole Foods selections as well as a handful of unique features. The opening day festivities will include sampling and fun for all ages. After opening day, the normal business hours will be from 7 AM – 10 PM, daily.
Whole Foods South Capitol Hill: Unique Store Venue Information
- Over 100 local supplier products from vendors including Ice Cream Jubilee, M’Panadas, Whisked!, Neighborgoods, and more.
- A full-service Allegro Espresso Bar with coffee, smoothies, self-serve draft cold-pressed juice, nitro coffee, tea on tap, and build-your-own-açai-bowls.
- Prepared foods section with self-serve pizza, self-serve pasta bar, hot entrees, salads, and more.
- Sushi Bar by DC-based Kaz Sushi Bistro.
- Yet-to-be unveiled in-store dining venue: SoCap Wine Bar and Pub, featuring selections from a DC local chef, 12 beers on tap, and 16 wines by the glass.
- Sip & Shop location.
Whole Foods and Building Bridges Across the Rivers
To celebrate their move into the neighborhood, on Wednesday, October 24th, 5% of the store’s net sales will go towards Building Bridges Across the River. BBAR is a 501-c-3 nonprofit organization, formed by WC Smith, that built and now runs THEARC. Be sure to stop by Whole Foods South Capitol Hill on October 24th to benefit the BBAR organization and the Anacostia community.
Welcome to the neighborhood,
Whole Foods South Capitol Hill!